Sunday, December 27, 2009

Vegan Snowdrops

WINTER WHITE is the theme for January's 1st Saturday in Three Rivers. I usually serve a lunch item but this month I'm going with White Confections and Cookies. I will be serving Snowdrops, Pizzelles,and Apricot Fold-ups. And, since January is Hot Tea month, I will be serving a variety of teas. Join me at my studio on January 2nd, from 12:00 to 4:00, and if you can't make it, here's the recipe for my snowdrops. The recipe greeting card is available by clicking on the title above.

Vegan Snowdrops

2 cups walnuts
1 cup vegan butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1. Place walnuts on a baking sheet and toast 5 minutes. (You can also heat in a frying pan). Cool completely. When cool, chop in processor until finely ground but not a paste.
2. Cream together butter, 1/4 cup powdered sugar and vanilla.
3. Add flour. Mix well.
4. Add chopped nuts.
5. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
6. Roll into 1-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake 350ยบ oven for 30 minutes or until cooked inside when sliced with a knife.
7. Place on wire rack to cool.
8. When cool, roll gently in a bowl with 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment