Friday, November 6, 2009

I LOVE FOOD. I love the way it tastes, the way it smells and the way it looks on a gorgeous table setting. I love the way it gathers loved ones together and sets the mood for conversation. And more and more, food has found its way into my creative art.

I DIDN'T
always enjoy cooking. Thirty years ago, I joined a group of eight women to play Canasta once a month. The group started out simple, with finger foods that we all brought, but over the years grew into quite a gourmet event. The table settings became more elaborate and, when I set this Halloween table, I knew I was onto something special. I had a new digital camera, took photos, and was delighted with the images. I printed it on a card on my computer , put the recipe inside and created "Canasta Cuisine" recipe cards!

I SWITCHED
to Nadi's Table, since now all the recipes are mine and I couldn't possibly wait to take photos only once a month.

THIS SATURDAY, November 7th, is the 1st Saturday in Three Rivers event and I will be serving this recipe for Pumpkin Soup- FREE - while it lasts, starting at 12 o'clock. Join us!

VIEW my cards at http://www.cafepress.com/NadiSpencer/6466898.


Pumpkin Soup

1/4 cup vegan butter
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 T. parsley
1/4 tsp. thyme
1 bay leaf
1 large can pumpkin
1 (16 0z.) can tomatoes
1 quart vegetable broth
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups vegan milk or cream
1 T. flour

1. Melt butter in large saucepan. Add green pepper,onion, parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Cook 5 minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, pumpkin and broth. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Press mixture through wire strainer.
4. Blend together flour and milk and stir into soup. Add salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture boils.
5. Serve immediately. Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment