Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Nadi's Table Recipe Cards

I love food. I love the way it tastes, the way it smells and the way it looks on a gorgeous table setting. I love the way it gathers loved ones together and sets the mood for conversation. And more and more, food has found its way into my creative art.
I didn't always enjoy cooking. Thirty years ago, I joined a group of eight women to play Canasta once a month. The group started out simple, with finger foods that we all brought, but over the years grew into quite a gourmet event. The table settings became more elaborate and, when I set this Halloween table, I knew I was onto something special.
I had a new digital camera, took photos, and was delighted with the images. I printed it on a card on my computer , put the recipe inside and created "Canasta Cuisine" recipe cards!
I have switched to Nadi's Table, since now all the recipes are mine and I couldn't possibly wait to take photos once a month.
In fact, I can't prepare a new recipe now without designing the card. I am constantly looking for new ways to be creative. I'm an avid garage-saler and always on the look-out for unusual plates and table craft. I recently found a great camel flower holder which I used in my Moroccan Bastilla recipe card (soon to come.) The wooden water buffalo has sent me exploring Thai food recipes. My edible flower garden is showing up in my cards and one card was even shot on the river's edge.
Each recipe is an adventure for me. The sky's the limit.
You can view my cards at http://www.cafepress.com/NadiSpencer/6466898.

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos : )

    I've recently started up a blog too on food and more. Come by if you get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brenda- It was hard to see animals in tanks- I've been vegan for 2 years now- because I'm diabetic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I love recipes and I especially appreciate geeting this one. Thanks!
    Recipe Cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really it is a great site which offer free printable recipe cards products. I had searching this type of various fancy flourishes recipe cards. Thanks for informing.

    ReplyDelete